Thursday, October 6, 2011

Two Typhoons in 1 week!

Hey coolest family in the world!

I'm still alive and plan to be until I die, or the second coming happens...Ha. alright so Unang una (First off), I still haven't seen general conference.... It doesn't broadcast here till next week, cause If I were to watch it live, I would be breaking the mission rules by staying up past 10:30... Time is a little different over here on the other side of the world...Ha. But it sounds like it is gonna be awesome! I'm way excited to watch it! That is all my trainer has been talking about lately. He's like, "Man, I can't wait till general conference!" It's good. So anyways. There was another typhoon but it was in the north part of the Philippines. All we got was a little wind. Sayang (That's a waste or darn). Anyways so not much else has happened here other than that. the work is going good. We were a little disappointed yesterday because we didn't have any investigators come to church and some of the less actives that we have been working on didn't come either. But it's all right. The Lord is blessing us immensely in other ways.

So I am no longer the new missionary in the Philippines because transfer day was on Wednesday and we got a new batch of missionaries from the MTC on Thursday so I am now a veteran you could say ha. It feels good to not be the one that the whole ward makes fun of because they don't understand the language....haha. The language gets easier every week. It's kinda cool to see how far I have come with it. I understand so much more now than I did.

So that guy I told you about, Rey, he is progressing well. He didn't come to church yesterday because he had to work. He is doesn't have a real job, he just does odd jobs here and there. So hopefully we will be able to figure that out. I just want to say that I love being a missionary I walk all day long in the rain. My shoes and feet get soaked some days. But you want to know why it's all good? It's all good because I am teaching the true, restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I have every reason to be happy. I have every reason to smile. I have every reason to keep going and help people even when it's hard for me. I have the Fullness of the Gospel. It's so rewarding when I go to sleep knowing that I tried the best I could all that day to accomplish my plans. The Church is true and I'm soo excited to watch general conference and receive personal revelation. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Elder Butler