Wow. I want to start off with sharing some of the tender mercies I have had here. Two of the big ones. First. We had a fire side on Sunday. It was great. But in the day after that, I realized that I had lost my stiki notes that I had been using to mark scriptures with. Bummer. Then Tuesday was our devotional. We decided to sit in our exact same seats as we were in for the fireside on sunday. Guess what. My stiki notes were on the arm of the chair that I had been sitting in on sunday! Is that cool or what? Next one. This is my favorite one. After devotionals, we have a devotional review with our district where we share and talk about something that impressed us. Before we began, one of the counselors in my branch presidency came up to me and told me that he had sat next to an Elder named Elder Yazzie! I guess the branch couselor was looking at our pictures just trying to get to know our district better and Elder Yazzie happened to look over and see my picture! In his words he said this. "Hey! That's my best friend! tell him that he will be an awesome missionary and that I say goodbye." Elder Yazzie was leaving the next morning to Washington. Such a tender mercy cuase I wanted to see him at least one more time before I left, but I didn't get to. The Lord blesses us soo much.
So this week is the training of all new mission presidents. You know what that means? Yeah. First presidency and the quroum of the twelve are here. So sweet! We have a devotional tonight from one of them. So stoked!
Ok. So things are going super good here. I am eating soo much. I haven't weighed my self, but I imagine that not much has changed yet... haha. My companion is Soo Cool. We get along so great. District leader is an experience, but its teaching me so much. I have never felt the spirit so strongly in my life. It's amazing. The language is tough and overwhelming, but we have been promised that if we will focus on learning the Gospel, that the language will come. trust in the Lord :) So all the vowels in Tagalog are just like spanish vowels. a= ah, e= eh (like a canadian), i= e (like see), o= oh, u= oo or you. So don't pronounce anything I write wrong okay? :) I don't have much time, so if you are going to write me, please use dear elder or write a letter cause it makes it alot easier to not use up my 30 min to write an email.
I will bear my testimony in tagalog. Alam ko po na mahal tayo ng diyos. Meron tayong buhay na propeta. Patotoo ang ebanghelyo. Patotoo ang Aklat ni Mormon. Patotoo and pagbabayad sala ni jesukristo. Sa pangalan ni jesukristo amen.
I love you all and the church is true. I will write more next time.
P.S. Sorry to hear about my picture talking to everyone and scaring them haha. that's pretty funny.