Friday, June 24, 2011

First post from Cody in the MTC

Kumusta kayo pamilya!
 
     Wow. Where to begin? So Wednesday was sooo crazy! I had so much thrown at me and I was super overwhelmed....But nonetheless I was comforted in knowing that the Lord would provide. I walk into class and my teacher just starts rambling on in Tagalog and I was like what? ha. It was great. My companion is soooo cool! His name is Elder Farnsworth. He's from Gilbert Arizona. His thing is Baseball, so Dad you might like him :) I was super lucky to get him as a companion, cause not gunna lie, he is the most mature Elder out of the Elders in my district.
     So, guess what? On Thursday I was made district leader.... Great. I felt like I had already had 4 servings and then I was just given a 5th that I had to eat. haha. No it is good, but it is really stressful. Lots to do, including picking up mail for everyone and all that good stuff. Tell people to write me please. Let them know about dear elder to. Devin knows what that is if ya'll don't.
     Tagalog is crazy. It just sounds like sophisticated mumbling.... There are no c's in the alphabet. My teacher's Brother Day and Brother Lolohea are pretty awesome. In Tagalog everything is spelled exactly how it sounds. Exactly. It's pretty awesome. We learned how to pray in Tagalog yesterday. That was pretty cool. Tagalog is like ha. It's like spanish but 10 times better :) 
     My P-days will be on Friday. Today is just the exception cause we are still getting settled in. I have seen sooo many people I know! It's awesome. I finally saw Elder Yazzie and Elder Robison yesterday. That was a cool reunion. But all of the kids in my BYU Ward are basically here, and I see someone I know about everywhere I go. It's cool. 
     It's amazing how much I have learned and have grown already. I can't believe it. Ang espiritu santo (The Holy Ghost) really helps you learn so much. You can feel it. This is a great experience. I haven't been as lucky as Devin, the first couple days have been super hard for me, but it is getting so much better. :) It is true that if you can make it past the first couple days it will fly by. To those younger and preparing for a mission, get preparing. It's gonna be SO SICK! I'm excited for you all.
     Ang ebanghelyo (The Gospel) is true. I know it for myself. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission. I am so happy. I know that the Gospel brings true happiness. Christ died for us, so that we can live with him again. The Book of Mormon is true. Read it. It changes lives. The Gospel is the answer to any of our problems. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I can't remember how to say that in Tagalog, but next time I will have it down for sure.
    
     I don't know if you have any questions for me, but just write me and I will answer them next time. Love you all! Ingat Pamilya!