Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15

Kumusta po kayo! Hi.

First off. My companion is really sick. I think he has a fever. He has a sore throat. He has been resting a lot. But I think he got sick because he has been eating a lot of sugar. Thank you mom for teaching me how tobe responsible about what I eat and such. It's been a blessing for me here because If I wanted to, I could have all the sugar I want. Luckily I know that I don't need it, and it will not benefit me at all. Pray for my companion, that he will get better. when he is sick, it brings me down a little bit too.

Ok, On the bright side, our progressing investigator Ryan has been doing awesome! Elder Farnsworth and I are really working together we have been able to have the spirit guide us to meet Ryan's needs. We have taught The Restoration and The Plan of Salvation to him. We Feel like he is really beginning to understand the importance of this message. Our Tagalog is getting a lot better too. I taught the bulk of our last lesson. It's so hard to teach in Tagalog, but one thing our teacher said to us that has helped a lot. Don't focus on the language when teaching. Focus on teaching the investigator. We have noticed that when we just go in there and don't have any phrases prepared to share, we teach so much better. We have the vocab, and so we just try to formulate what we say right on the spot. It's hard, and we probably just butcher it, but the investigator can feel that we aren't just robots reciting a message. We don't teach lessons just to teach lessons. We teach people. It's so important to care about those that you teach. I get released this Sunday from being District Leader. YES! Haha Joke lang, but no, its good. Oh mom, I am now caught up on all the letters now :) Dad, I got the Dear Elder that you wrote to me 2 nights ago on Thursday. I think if you write a dear elder in the morning, it will get to me that night. they only give them to us after dinner. That's pretty cool about the owl you saw.  Very Cool. If you have any requests of how to say things in Tagalog, just write me and I will do my best to translate for you :) Well, I gotta go. Mahal Kita (I love you)

Love Elder Butler