To start off, I did not email yesterday because there was a brown out. We haven't had power for a couple of days, but it came back on last night. We also bought a new fridge! Woo Hoo! I have never been so excited to have cold water after about a month with out a fridge. I forgot how much of a blessing it is. :) So things are looking up.
Yesterday, our district meeting was about thanks. Even though thanksgiving is still super far away, it is still appropriate. So I was just thinking about all the little things that make me grateful. There really are so many. I am so blessed to be serving a mission, especially in the Philippines, and especially in this area. I am so far removed from everything familiar to me but there is still one thing that is always here. That is the Lord. I am surrounded by beautiful rice fields with mountains rolling in the background.
When the sun goes down at 6 everyday, I get to see the stars and constellations namely Orion's belt and the big dipper, because they are the only ones I know how to recognize... ha. I get to go out everyday and teach the Gospel to those who are less fortunate. I never realized how much of a blessing it was before the mission. The mission changes and prepares people for life.
I am grateful for you all. So thanks. I am grateful for this opportunity to have my eyes opened.
When the sun goes down at 6 everyday, I get to see the stars and constellations namely Orion's belt and the big dipper, because they are the only ones I know how to recognize... ha. I get to go out everyday and teach the Gospel to those who are less fortunate. I never realized how much of a blessing it was before the mission. The mission changes and prepares people for life.
I am grateful for you all. So thanks. I am grateful for this opportunity to have my eyes opened.
One day I was talking with Elder B. just about the mission as we were riding a tricycle back home. He told me how before the mission he used to buy really expensive clothes and things. Then he said this, "I was buying shirts that cost more than these people make in a month of labor. I was worrying what I was gonna wear when there are people here who worry if they are going to eat." Close Quote. It just really opened my eyes. Now I am not saying that it is bad to have nice stuff, cause it is not. It only gets bad when it becomes everything you care about. The Lord really blesses those who keep His commandments. And every time I am sharing with these people I just want them to keep the commandments so they can be blessed. I know that if we keep all the commandments of God, we wont have to worry about what we are going to eat, or money, or anything. Just trust that the Lord will provide and everything will be alright. Now it is true that it doesn't mean that all our trials will go away, no. We will still have trials, but we also have the knowledge that whatever we are facing will eventually go away and we can overcome all. That is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for everything He has done for me. I can express my thanks right now, but when I get back into His presence, I hope to be able to express it all. I know that what I have shared is true and I am grateful for everything.
So I am like so jealous that General Conference is now over and you guys have already watched it and stuff.... I actually don't know when I get to watch it. It should be next week. Normally we would go down to San Jose and we would watch it, but President D. doesn't want us to be out of the Area for too long, so he said He is going to have a DVD of Conference made for us and we will just watch it up here at the church..... So I don't know when that will be. Hopefully soon. General Conference is one of my favorite Holidays. So Yep. Crazy Stuff.
We spent some time throwing rocks at a coconut tree behind our house trying to nail the big coconut. Elder Q. nailed it. We had some coconut milk yesterday straight out of the coconut. It was sooo good. And normally I don't like coconut. That just shows you how the mission has changed me. Before the mish. I would not eat a coconut. Now. I will. :) Haha. So things are good. We have a ton of cool investigators. It is exciting. I will Tell more about some specific people who have big potential next week. I hope you are just filled with the spirit with general conference. I am also pretty sure that the majority of you are overflowing with the spirit, so you know what that means don't you? Make sure you share it with others who are lacking. Lets not be selfish with the Gospel. It is meant to bless the lives of all people on earth, and maybe a few animals... Sige Mahal Kita. Sayang talaga na di ko napanood ang Conference. Sana darating po siya. Magpatuloy lang po kayo sa inyong Kasipagan. wag nyo hayaan Si satanas na wasakin ang mga buhay po ninyo. Maging Malakas. Nakakatibay ang ebanghelyo ni jesucristo. sa atin. Ingat lagi!
Love Elder Butler.