Hi there!
I hope I am not giving the impression that I am boasting or prideful in these emails. I want to boast of the Strength of God. Not my own. As to my strength I know that I am weak. But I know that if we trust in the Lord and let him use us, we can do great things.
I know that the Lord builds and qualifies those that he calls. And He does a lot of sanding to get the rough edges off.... Ha. Let me tell you. I have been sanded down while on the mission. But as time goes on, it gets easier because it only gets smoother as time goes on. But every once in awhile there is another rough spot and it is hard. This principle of Enduring to the end really is such a challenge. But just think of the reward. Eternal Happiness and Exaltation. So don't get down. Keep going. The prize is in sight. We are so blessed to know our purpose in life. I love the Gospel!
I am gonna update you on the progress of the members and investigators here. First off. We have a baptism this coming Saturday. Her name is Sister D. She is 15 years old. she is really cool and is gonna be a strong member here.
Yesterday at church we had 2 investigators. It's really hard for them when there are little kids here running around and it is super noisy. That is one of the problems in our branch. It is just so loud during church. but once the Meeting house gets finished, it is gonna be good and quite. There will be a ceiling and a room for the primary. So it will be quiet. :) Yesterday I taught in the primary about prophets and then I also taught in Elders quorum about faith.
But the branch is growing. We continue to find new people that are really interested. It's really exciting. Yeah.
So yeah. My comp and I are doing well. The people like my new companion. He is really friendly and does a lot of fun magic tricks and stuff for the children and stuff. Yes, we got Electricity last Monday. My companion is in shock. He is coming straight out of the mission office where you have everything and you are with the Mission President all the time to a place where you are so far removed even the Zone Leaders can't check up on you and it is so provincial here that the nearest place to buy things you need is 30 minutes away on a motorized tricycle. And not to mention that the apartment still doesn't have windows and a working fridge. haha. So it's a fun experience for him :)
Take care!
Elder Butler
