Hey Happy Halloween everyone!
My companion and I decided that the song "Follow the Prophet" in the Children's primary book, is a Halloween song. It's true. Just think about it and try putting Halloween words to it. You will have a great time. I promise. We are gonna celebrate some Halloween at our house tonight even though they don't really celebrate it here. They kinda do though. Tomorrow is what is call "All souls day". Its where they just celebrate everyone whom they know who has passed on. Anyways, we have candles, masks, candy, and we are just gonna have ball in our apartment by candle light later tonight. :)
So update on my week. Not much new. R. is scheduled to be baptized this Saturday! Nov 5th. And guess what? I think I might be the one to baptize him. If it is so, I will send a picture for sure :) So, we have had some good success with just letting the spirit teach this week. We have this difficult investigator. She is a niece of a less active. anyways she has not been keeping her commitments and so on. So we were almost to the point of dropping her, but we just decided to try to keep going. We finally got to teach her again and we had a great spiritual experience. We were teaching about the Book of Mormon. We want her to get a testimony of it. So I tried using the "asking inspired questions" technique and it worked! I don't remember what I asked but it was about the Book of Mormon, and she answered and felt the spirit. Then out of nowhere she started talking about how she could go to church. We got a commitment from them to come! Way cool no? Too bad, she didn't come, but I think it has to do with the holiday weekend. Anyways, now we know that she has felt the spirit and all we need to do now is just help her recognize it and show her that she needs it. Cool stuff.
So other than that, not much has happened. The language has come a long way over these last two weeks. I understand so much more. The Lord has really blessed me. I have also begun to study "Jesus The Christ." That, is a really good book. I am learning a ton. Anyways, so not much else going on.
So you guys could pray for two of our investigators. R. B. and L. Z. They need to feel the spirit and receive testimonies. Thanks. It hasn't rained here in awhile, but it has cooled down enough so that even though I still sweat a ton, its not dripping off my face. So that has been nice. The micro fiber towels work great. I haven't had a big spider experience yet, but my trainer has and I have seen pictures and they exist. I'm just dreading it. Actually there is a huge dead spider displayed in one of our less actives houses. haha. I love my mission president. He is the man and super nice. He actually doesn't speak Tagalog. When he served his mission it was all English speaking.
K, well I love y'all! Happy Halloween!
Love Elder Masaya Butler!