Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Alright so they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but it's all good. There is a Chili's in my area and so we are going there on Thursday! It's expensive, but it will be worth it :)
I'm doin good now. I was stressed with taking over the Area, but the Lord has stepped in and has eased the burden and now I just put my trust in Him and things are going well. My new companion has been out for a little over a year. I'm not sick. I am staying really healthy. I think it has to do with the climate. It's always hot and warm and tropical.

Ok so I have had one interesting experience this week.  Ready?  Ok here it is.  One of the investigators that we have is bipolar.  No joke.  The thing is we had been teaching her for 3 weeks and didn't know it, because she has been really cool.  She is the wife of a less active.  He is the funniest guy I know.  He wrote Elder S. and I a song called Dear John.  It was nice.  I will sing it for you guys when I get back. Haha. no, ok, but his wife this time was all crazy and just crying and talking about weird things and her husband just wanted us to calm her down.  So, we decided to read the Book of Mormon with her, and you know what?  It worked.  She calmed down.  Her husband was so astonished.  We testified to him of the power of the Spirit.  If that experience isn't a testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost, I don't know what is.  So that is a really confusing situation though and I don't know if we will continue to teach her because.....I just don't know. so yeah! Fun stuff.
Things are going well. Got some good investigators with a baptismal date and they should be getting baptized around Dec 17th! We have had some interesting Emergency transfers in my zone too so, it has just been a crazy week. Hopefully things will get back to normal this week.

 Yesterday was my 3 month mark out here by the way. So that makes a total of 5 months that I have been serving. wow. It goes fast. ha

K love y'all. Bye bye bye (Nsync) Yeah.

Love Elder Butler!